OK, maybe the hot weather is making me feel frivolous, but I'm playing with another Internet meme. Only, I'm in the technological paleolithic compared to these young'uns so I don't actually have any songs in my computer. So this is just a collection from stuff I own and stuff I like:
1. Nature has it ya got no cojones -- a dog in heat, a one-trick pony.
2. Babaluwaye spins on his crutches, says, "Leave if you want, if you want to leave."
3. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm gonna try for the kingdom if I can.
4. I tell you things you already know, so you can say, "I really identify with you."
5. I love you 'cause I need to, not because I need you.
6. Take back the anger that nearly killed me. Take back what doesn't belong to me.
7. Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen, warm my mind on your gentle stove.
8. My favorite inside source, I'll kiss your open sores.
9. It's hard for me to say what's right when all I want to do is wrong.
10. You see, it's my thing to be part of someone.
11. Don't say you're easy on me, 'cause you're about as easy as a nuclear war.
12. I'm hip, you could use a button on your lip.
13. Tell the wind not to blow, 'cause you said so.
14. If you cry for a nickel, you gon' die for a dime.
15. And you swore you were bound for glory, and for wanting you had no shame.
16. There were rooms of forgiveness in the house that we shared.
17. Would I spend forever here and not be satisfied?
18. And it stoned me to my soul. It stoned me just like Jelly Roll.
19. So I tried to be like you, and I got swept away.
20. Or play the game Existence to the end of the beginning.